Injury law covers a wide array of topics and refers to injuries endured by a person physically, financially, mentally or emotionally. Personal injuries can have a devastating effect on someone’s life. If you are wondering if your injury is a result of negligence, as Austin injury lawyers, we are here to help. Let’s take a look at some of the common types a personal injury claims that can bring about justice, and potentially, compensation.
Common Injury Claims
- Road Traffic Incidents – You become injured in an auto accident after a negligent driver crashes their car into yours while texting on their phone. This is not only negligent but against Texas state law.
- Work Accidents – You climb the same staircase everyone else uses, and it collapses beneath you, causing a series of injuries. Your Austin Injury lawyers learn that the staircase hasn’t been maintained according to company maintenance records.
- Tripping Incidents – You walk into a restaurant and fall on your way to the table. You later learn the floors were recently resurfaced and you tripped on something that wasn’t commissioned properly. You lose days of work due to your broken hand.
- Assault Events – You get into an altercation with a neighbor over their barking dogs, and he/she comes over and smashes your living room window, covering you in broken glass. Your injuries result in multiple lacerations and loss of wages.
- Product Defect Incidents – You pick up the newest tech gadget for your phone only to have it blow up in your face. The product defect causes PTSD, and you suffer burns across your neck and chest.
- Medical Malpractice – You begin recovery after your surgery, but after a few days, something isn’t quite right. You later end up in the ER with an infection from your recent surgery.
- Toxicity Claims – You visit a friend at a local hotel and catch up in their newly remodeled conference room. You both end up sick and visit the ER. Physicians reveal you have inhaled a series of toxic fumes from the glue used to lay the new floor in that room.
These, and other such unfortunate events happen every day to people like you. Injuries in each of these examples can impact a person for days, weeks, months or even years. Texas statistics reveal that there was an increase in injury and damage cases in the municipal court system in 2017. These cases left victims to recover physically and financially forcing many to change certain aspects of their life or work.
Injury claims, for the most part, are based on the theory of negligence. While some incidents are real accidents, some are a reflection of negligent behaviors or actions. An Austin injury lawyer can sift through the details of your claim to help you understand if negligence is a factor in your case.
Here are some points we consider when determining negligence
- Did the party in question have a reasonable duty to act responsibly?
- Did the party breach their duty to ensure reasonable safety?
- Was your injury a result of this breach?
- Did you personally suffer financial, physical or emotional injuries as a result of the party’s lack of reasonable duty?
If you believe you may have been the victim of negligence, suffering an injury as a result, we would like to speak with you about your case. As Austin injury lawyers, we want the very best for our fellow citizens to ensure their rights are sufficiently exercised. Contact us today about your claim.