If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in Austin, Texas you may have many questions about your case, the value of your claim, how to seek an insurance settlement, and your rights. The aftermath of a crash can be confusing and stressful, but you don’t have to navigate the claims process alone. The Robson Law Firm receives some common questions from clients following their accidents. However, the answers below are meant to be general in nature and can’t replace the qualified advice of the Robson Law Firm, car accident attorneys in Austin, Texas.
- I’ve been in a car accident. What should I do? In the immediate aftermath of a car accident, you should call the police, make sure that everyone at the scene of the crash is safe, and seek medical attention for any injuries. If you can take photos of damages, do so. You’ll also want to exchange contact information with others at the scene of the accident. As soon as you can, report the accident to your insurance company. Finally, if you were seriously injured or if you have questions about your claim, consider speaking to a car accident attorney, like the Robson Law Firm in Austin, Texas.
- Should I hire a car accident lawyer in Austin, Texas? If you have been seriously injured, if you feel that your insurance company isn’t giving you the settlement you may deserve, or if you have questions about your claim, consider speaking to the car accident attorneys at the Robson Law Firm in Austin, Texas. Our lawyers can help you understand whether you might have a case. Not all cases require the assistance of a car accident law firm, but if you have questions, the Robson Law Firm can provide answers.
- How much is my car accident case worth? The value of your car accident claim will depend on many different factors. The Robson Law Firm will look at how responsible the other party was for your crash. The more responsible the other party is, the more you may be able to collect in damages. Our firm will also review medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, and take a look at pay stubs from lost wages. We can also look at your medical diagnosis and speak to experts to estimate future medical costs and lost wages. Finally, we can use formulas to estimate your pain and suffering damages, and negotiate with adjusters or negligent parties to help you get the settlement you may deserve.
- How long do I have to file a claim? If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, you have up to two years to make a claim. However, you should speak to the Robson Law Firm, car accident lawyers in Austin, Texas as soon as possible. It may take some time to gather evidence, negotiate with responsible parties, and reach a settlement; you want to give your lawyer as much time as possible to do this.
- Insurance adjusters are calling me. What should I do? You have a responsibility to report your accident to your insurance company. However, you don’t have a responsibility to speak to insurance adjusters over the phone. Anything you say could impact the outcome of your case. Instead, ask that insurance adjusters contact you in writing. This way, if you have questions or concerns, you can show correspondence to your car accident attorney. The Robson Law Firm can also negotiate with adjusters to help you get the best possible settlement under the law.
- What should I do if my insurance claim is denied or if adjusters offer me a lower settlement than I feel I need? Ask for all information in writing and show this information to the car accident attorneys at the Robson Law Firm in Austin, Texas. Sometimes insurance adjusters use special formulas or estimates to determine the value of a claim and these estimates may not always reflect your actual costs or damages. Your insurance company has a responsibility to honor your policy and to make you whole in accordance with your policy. Speak to the Robson Law Firm, car accident attorneys in Austin, Texas today.
- Will my case need to go to court? Not all cases need to go to court. The Robson Law Firm can provide you a roadmap for your case going forward, which may involve many avenues that do not involve litigation. Litigation can be costly. In many instances, cases can be settled through demand letters, negotiation, and out of court settlements. However, the Robson Law Firm is willing to take cases to court, when necessary.
- How long will my case take to settle? Every case is unique. The Robson Law Firm are car accident attorneys in Austin, Texas who can review your case and help you understand the next steps. Some cases can be settled relatively quickly through demand letters and in writing, while others may require litigation.
- How is negligence determined? In Texas, you can collect damages for your car accident if you are 50% or less at fault for the crash. The Robson Law Firm can look at police reports, witness statements, and other details to determine whether the other driver was at fault for your crash. Generally, when drivers break the law, speed, drive distracted, or drink and drive, they can be held responsible for a crash.
- What should I bring to my first meeting with the car accident lawyers at the Robson Law Firm? Bring as much information about your crash as possible, including police reports, photos of the crash scene, medical bills, diagnosis, and correspondence with insurance adjusters.
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, you may be facing new and unique challenges. Navigating the insurance claims process can be a challenge. The Robson Law Firm are car accident lawyers in Austin, Texas who can help you reach the settlement you may deserve so that you and your family can focus on what matters—healing. Our attorneys can review your case, and help you understand the next steps.