If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident, car accident, or have suffered another injury in Austin, Texas, the Robson Law Firm are personal injury attorneys who offer clients a free, initial consultation. Our firm can review the circumstances of your accident, take a look at your medical bills, pay stubs, and other damages to estimate the value of your claim, and help you understand whether you have a case. If you have questions about your accident, and are wondering whether you might have a claim under the law, consider reaching out to the Robson Law Firm today, personal injury lawyers in Austin, Texas. We can offer you an honest assessment of your case and help you understand the next steps.
If you are wondering how to make the most of your initial consultation with your personal injury lawyer, it helps to come prepared. The Robson Law Firm will want to see as much information as possible about your accident. Here are some things to bring.
What to Bring to Your Initial Personal Injury Consultation in Austin, Texas
The Robson Law Firm understands that the aftermath of a car, truck, or other accident can be stressful. If it is possible, try to bring as much of the documents below to your free initial consultation with the personal injury lawyers at the Robson Law Firm. However, if you don’t have all this information right away, just bring as much information as you can, and the Robson Law Firm will take it from there.
- Police and Accident Reports. If you’ve been in a car or truck accident, you should always report the accident to police. The police will have likely given you a copy of the police report, or you can obtain a copy from the Texas Department of Transportation. The Robson Law Firm can also assist you if you are having trouble getting a copy of the police report, or, if for some reason, you don’t have a police or accident report.
- Medical Records. If you sought medical attention, your doctor will have likely given you information about your diagnosis, prognosis, and follow-up. Bring any medical records you might have, including prescriptions.
- Medical Bills. Medical bills are important because the Robson Law Firm can use them to estimate the value of your claim. By looking at your medical records and medical bills, the personal injury lawyers at the Robson Law Firm can estimate any future medical costs you might have and also estimate how long it might take for you to fully recover. If you are temporarily or permanently disabled after a crash, you may be entitled to seek damages for future medical costs, lost wages, and for pain and suffering.
- Insurance Information. Bring your car insurance policy and also information about your medical insurance. If you have had correspondence with insurance companies or medical insurance companies, bring this information as well. The Robson Law Firm are personal injury lawyers in Austin, Texas who may be able to use this information to speak to insurance adjusters and fight to help you get the best possible claim permitted under the law. Sometimes insurance companies base their settlements on estimates or their computer programs. You have the right to be compensated for your actual damages. Contact the Robson Law Firm to learn more about your options.
- Pay Stubs. Bring pay stubs from your job and any records of time you may have missed from work due to your injury. The Robson Law Firm are personal injury attorneys in Austin, Texas who may be able to help you seek compensation for missed time from work, and if you will need to miss future days from work, the Robson Law Firm may be able to help you seek damages for these losses as well.
- Photographs of the Accident Scene. If you took pictures of the scene of the crash, bring these to your initial meeting with the Robson Law Firm.
- Contact information of witnesses and other people involved in your crash. At the accident scene, it is important to get as much information as possible, like the names of witnesses, and the name of the other driver’s insurance, as well as policy information. Bring this information to your initial consultation with the Robson Law Firm. Our personal injury attorneys may be able to help you speak to the other driver’s insurance company to seek damages and may be able to speak to witnesses to build the strongest possible case.
This is just some of the information the Robson Law Firm may need when reviewing your case. As your personal injury lawyer learns more, he will likely need more documents and information. Rest assured that the Robson Law Firm have your back. Bring as much information as you can to your free, initial consultation and let our Austin, Texas personal injury lawyers take your case from there.
Schedule Your Free Personal Injury Consultation Today
The Robson Law Firm are personal injury lawyers in Austin, Texas who offer accident victims a free initial consultation to determine whether they have a case under the law. You may be entitled to seek damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The Robson Law Firm can offer you an honest assessment of your claim and help you understand the next steps. Contact us today to learn more.