If you have suffered a broken bone injury in a car or truck accident in Austin, Texas, you might be facing weeks to months of time in a cast, may be facing a long course of rehabilitation, and may have had to miss time from work as a result of your injury. The Robson Law Firm is a broken bone injury lawyer in Austin, Texas who may be able to help you seek damages for your medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. While many broken bone injuries heal in weeks or months, some injuries can be quite serious and may even result in patients requiring surgery or extensive rehabilitation. The Robson Law Firm is a fracture personal injury lawyer in Austin, Texas who may be able to help you seek damages from negligent parties and who may be able to assist you with negotiating with insurance adjusters. Contact our attorneys today to learn more and to protect your rights.
Common Car and Truck Accident Fractures
The aftermath of a car accident can leave victims with fractured bones that can take weeks to months to heal. This can impact your ability to work, your ability to enjoy former life activities, and your ability to care for your children or family. Individuals with serious fracture injuries may sometimes be entitled to seek substantial damages for their losses. What are some common fracture injuries following a car or truck accident?
- Arm and hand fractures. The impact forces of a car accident can throw the body forward. Most people’s first instinct is to put their arms forward to prevent the body from hitting the dash, the steering wheel, or the seat in front of them. The speed of the arm or hand hitting these objects can result in fractures to the hands, wrists, elbows, or arm. Fractures around the elbow can be particularly serious because this can result in an unstable arm or instability around the joint.
- Crushed bones. If a car rolls over or if a car is hit by a truck, the crushing forces of these kinds of impacts can result in crushed bones.
- Leg fractures. Some leg fractures can be more serious than others. If the femur is broken near the hip or near the knee joint, this injury can be particularly devastating and can result in disability, loss of range of motion, and may require a long course of rehabilitation. If you have suffered a serious leg fracture, the Robson Law Firm is an Austin, Texas personal injury lawyer who may be able to help you seek damages for your expenses and losses.
- Broken ribs. Broken rib injuries can be life-threatening. If the rib breaks and punctures the lung or if it damages a blood vessel near the heart, immediate surgery may be required. Ribs can break or crack when the body collides with an air bag or with a seat belt. If you or a loved one have suffered a broken rib injury or a cracked rib injury in a crash, contact the Robson Law Firm, personal injury lawyers in Austin, Texas today.
- Hip fractures. These types of fractures can result in lost mobility and can be incredibly painful. Individuals might end up permanently disabled or unable to walk after suffering this kind of injury. In order to prevent disability, quality rehabilitative care is essential. If you need assistance paying for rehab or have had to miss time from work due to a hip fracture, consider speaking to the Robson Law Firm, car and truck accident lawyers in Austin, Texas today.
- Pelvis fractures. Like hip fractures, pelvis fractures can lead to serious disability and loss of range of motion. These fractures may require surgery or a long course of intensive rehabilitation.
- Skull fractures and facial fractures. If the face or head hits a dashboard, an inflating airbag, or a seat, individuals can suffer skull and facial fractures. When the head impacts an object, victims might also suffer from traumatic brain injury.
- Clavicle fractures. Because the clavicle is such a delicate bone, it can also be fractured in the impact forces of a car accident. This kind of injury can result in limited motion of the arm, which can impact even an individual who works at a desk and can also interfere with basic life tasks.
- Spinal fractures. Spinal fractures can be incredibly serious injuries. If the bones of the spine sever the spinal cord or injure the spinal cord, individuals can suffer lost range of motion and lose sensation below the site of injury. The Robson Law Firm is a serious injury attorney who may be able to assist you and your family if you have suffered a spinal fracture in Austin, Texas.
- Compound fractures. When a bone is broken in multiple places, this is known as a compound fracture. Compound fractures can occur around a joint, resulting in a very serious type of fracture injury.
- Compression fractures. If the bones are crushed in a truck accident, individuals can suffer compression fractures. Sometimes these fractures can shorten the length of the bone that has been injured.
- Fractures around joints. When bones break around joints, this can result in instability of the joint. Even after a cast is removed, individuals can suffer mobility problems and may require extensive rehabilitation.
These are just some of the types of fractures individuals can suffer after a car or truck accident. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious broken bone injury following an accident, contact the Robson Law Firm, personal injury attorneys in Austin, Texas today. Our firm can work with insurance adjusters and may be able to pursue negligent parties after a crash to help you get the settlement you may deserve.
Seek Justice Today
While many broken bone injuries heal with time, some are more serious and can result in permanent, or life-altering disability. If you or a loved one has suffered a broken bone injury in a car or truck accident, contact the Robson Law Firm, car and truck accident lawyers in Austin, Texas today. Our firm can fight for your rights. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law.