If you’ve been in a car accident in Austin, Texas, you may be facing a range of new challenges, from unexpected medical bills to time missed from work resulting in lost wages, to pain and suffering resulting from your injury or disability. When drivers break the law, they can put others on the road in danger. Driving is one arena of American life where individuals sometimes commonly break the law, whether that involves speeding, rolling through stop signs, or making illegal turns. If you or a loved one have bene hurt in a car crash in Austin, Texas, you may be entitled to seek damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The Robson Law Firm is an Austin, Texas car accident attorney who may be able to assist you in identifying whether the other driver was negligent due to breaking a traffic law, and help you seek damages for your losses. What are some commonly broken traffic laws that can result in a driver being held responsible for a car accident in Austin? Here are several commonly broken traffic laws, and their consequences:
- Speeding violations are among the most common reasons why drivers are issued tickets. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2017 alone, speeding killed 9,717 people. These figures don’t account for the many more people who are injured due to speeding violations. Speed limits are put in place to keep roads safe. Speed can kill and cause injuries. At higher speeds, the risk of injury in a car accident is far greater, as is the risk of death. Pedestrians and bicyclists are also at greater risk of injury at higher speeds, which is why many school zones and pedestrian-heavy cities set lower speed limits. If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a car accident where a driver was violating the speed limit, you may have the right to seek damages under the law for your losses. Contact the Robson Law Firm, an Austin, Texas car accident attorney today to learn more about your rights and options under the law.
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs. While few drivers brazenly run red lights outright, we’ve all seen situations where drivers try to race a burning yellow. Sometimes, drivers end up racing the burning yellow and end up running the red light. Additionally, while few drivers run stop signs, many drivers might come to a rolling stop at a stop sign. This is also technically running the red light. Running red lights and stop signs is dangerous because this can lead to intersection collisions with drivers who are following the law. If you were unexpectedly struck by a vehicle while abiding by traffic laws, you may have the right to seek damages for your losses through a personal injury lawsuit. Contact the Robson Law Firm today to learn more.
- Changing Lanes Unsafely. Failing to signal before changing lanes, changing lanes when the lines are solid white, or turning into the far lane when you should turn into the closest lane are all violations of the law and can result in crashes. Signaling tells other drivers that you might be changing lanes and helps other drivers on the road make safe driving decisions. The Robson Law Firm is a car accident lawyer in Austin, Texas who may be able to help you if you have been hurt because a driver changed lanes illegally and struck your vehicle.
- Texting and Driving. We all know that texting and driving is dangerous. Anything that takes your attention off the road, even for a short time, can lead to crashes. Texting and driving is illegal in Texas. If you or a loved one were injured by a driver on his or her cell phone, you may be entitled to seek damages for your lost wages, pain and suffering, medical bills, and other losses.
- Drunk Driving. Drunk driving kills. Unfortunately, some drivers still choose to get behind the wheel after drinking and driving, with tragic results. If you or a loved one were hurt by a drunk driver, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your losses.
- Tailgating and Road Rage. Driving too closely behind a driver who is driving slowly. Cutting off other drivers on the road. Acting aggressively or using your vehicle in an aggressive manner—all of these actions can lead to crashes. If tailgating or road rage led to an accident, you may have the right to seek damages under the law from negligent parties.
The Robson Law Firm are car accident lawyers in Austin, Texas who can review your car accident case today and offer you an honest assessment of your claim. You may have the right to seek damages for your losses, but may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Contact the Robson Law Firm today to learn more. USAttorneys.com can also connect you with the Robson Law Firm today.